“Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast”
At Mount Vernon our teachers, parents, and students are creating a culture in which five cultural norms are inherently important…
- Start with Questions – curiosity, a growth mindset, and a pathway to wisdom
- Fail Up – embodies taking a risk, shipping ideas, and overcoming setbacks
- Share the Well – involves serving others, sharing ideas, and transparency
- Assume the Best – requires believing the best about each other
- Have Fun – promotes celebrating the wins, enjoying the ride, and spontaneity
We recognize better solutions are reached when we start with questions. We embrace the power and the humility of failing up. Our community shares the well because so much of what our students are able to learn and experience would not be possible without the philanthropic support of our families. In any challenging or tenuous situation we emphasize the importance of assuming the best, and we wholeheartedly believe the best way to learn is to have fun.